I’ve been wanting to make Monterey Chicken for forever! I finally got up the energy to do it.
1. Marinate chicken. I used tenderloins b/c that’s what was here but I think chicken breast would be even better. Most recipes I saw said teriyaki sauce but of course I didn’t have that so I used soy sauce instead. Marinate in fridge for about 2 hours.
2. Preheat over to 350. Place chicken in pan and in oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is mostly cooked.
3. While chicken is baking, fry bacon & saute mushrooms and onions. Also cut up tomatoes.
4. Remove chicken. Cover in tomatoes, onions, bacon, mushrooms and cheese. (I used mozzarella b/c again that’s what I had)
5. Place back in oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
6. Remove and serve! It’s best while hot! 🙂
It was super easy and took little effort. I enjoy recipes like this. Enjoy!